Skills for Success:“Ladies Get Paid” Salary Negotiation Workshop
Event Date: 05/14/2018
Event Time: 6-8pm
Event Location: CISCO, One Penn Plaza, 34th St. Between 7th & 8th Ave
It’s time to get serious about closing the wage gap.
Whatever stage you’re at in your career – whether you’re negotiating for a new job or trying to get to the next level in a current one – there’s no reason to leave money on the table. Get paid what you deserve!
WICT NY is partnering with the advocacy organization Ladies Get Paid and founder Claire Wasserman, who will lead this dynamic workshop.
- Get into the right frame of mind
- Understand your market value
- Pick your target salary range
- Brag about your accomplishments and tie them to the employer’s bottom line
- Make your case, even if they don’t have the budget
- Use exercises to relieve anxiety
- Manage different negotiation scenarios
- Understand gender-based bias and how to combat it
- Set yourself up for salary success so you can make your case throughout the year
Ladies Get Paid helps women get paid what they deserve through town halls, workshops, a private Slack group, and mentorship circles. Their goal is to teach skills that get women to the next level in their careers and close the wage gap.
Member Price: $10.00 Non-Member Price: $35.00
Founder, Director of Programming
Ladies Get Paid
Claire Wasserman, founder of Ladies Get Paid is a community builder and an advocate for women in the workplace.
In addition to running LGP, she is on the Well + Good’s Council, coaches individuals and groups, and is a frequent writer, moderator and speaker at companies like the New York Times. Claire is also featured in the Sally Hansen global campaign, Shetopia.
Claire is currently on a tour across the country, hosting town halls for thousands of women to talk about self-worth at work.