WICT NY: 2016 Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with WICT NY, gain valuable experience and build your network! WICT NY has a wide range of opportunities for individuals to contribute their talents including: community service, the Executive Women’s Leadership Luncheon, marketing, social media, membership recruitment, mentoring and event production. Below is a list of volunteer opportunities by Committee.
Contact: Lisa Tisdale
Community Service and Chapter Volunteers Committee
The Community Service and Chapter Volunteers Committee serves the dual purpose of doing external outreach with two women’s leadership-related non-profits (Grace Institute and Young Women’s Leadership Network) and providing internal organizational support via volunteer sourcing for WICT NY.
- Young Women’s Leadership Network – Brag Party April 21, 2016: 15 volunteers to help teenage girls learn the art of bragging and building self-confidence
- Grace Institute – Create Your Career Narrative Workshop Part #2 Winter 2016: 30 volunteers to provide career narrative feedback for women in need who are seeking employment opportunities
- WICT Leadership Conference September 18-20, 2016: 20 volunteers to assist with registration and other conference logistics. WICT NY membership required.
- Executive Women’s Lunch Fall / Winter 2016: 10 volunteers to assist with registration and other event logistics. WICT NY membership required.
Contact: Lisa Tisdale
Executive Women’s Luncheon Planning Committee
The Executive Women’s Luncheon (EWL) is WICT NY’s premier event of the year. EWL is a forum for industry professionals to learn valuable insights from thought leaders and visionaries on a relevant topic affecting cable and telecommunications. The EWL Committee is responsible for planning and execution and this is an exciting opportunity to help shape one of WICT NY’s signature events!
- 4-6 Committee Members: Responsible for working with speaker and sponsor chairs to assist in EWL event preparation.
Contact: Monica Bloom
Marketing and Communications Committee
The Marketing and Communications Committee (MarComm) is integral to the success of WICT NY. This Committee provides a host of marketing communications to extend the distinct brand of one of WICT’s largest chapters. MarComm supports WICT NY’s mission and each Committee through a number of marketing tactics including event promotion, email blasts, website management, social media, design and print.
- Email / Event RSVP Manager: Responsible for creating and distributing email blasts, and managing the event RSVP platform. Anyone with HTML, Photoshop, Eventbrite.com and / or Mailchimp.com experience is a bonus!
- Writer / Blogger: Responsible for creating blog posts and other writing duties as outlined in the Chapter’s Marketing Plan. Works best for someone who has a passion for writing. PR or Marketing background a plus.
- Live Tweeters: Responsible for live tweeting at all local chapter events. Must have an understanding of Twitter and a passion for social media.
- IT Support: Occasional help with technical issues.
- Social Media Contributors: Weekly help with posting evergreen content.
The purpose of the Membership Committee is to grow and retain members for WICT NY through membership drives and events.
- Holiday Party Winter 2016: 4 volunteers for name tags, check in and prize table
- Betsy Magness Leadership Institute Alums Meet & Greet: 4 volunteers for name tags, check in and prize table
- Onsite Recruiting Events Dates TBD: 2 volunteers per event
The Mentoring Circle is a group mentoring program for junior women starting out in the cable industry. Critical topics that impact leadership success and long-term development based on the WICT Touchstones of Leadership are explored in an open forum of peer mentees and mentors. The Committee is led by two Mentors who are graduates of WICT NY’s Prime Access program.
- Volunteer needs are filled for 2016.
Prime Access is a one to one mentoring opportunity between WICT members at the Director level and very senior executives in the cable telecom industry. Prime Access Committee members are responsible for selecting the program’s Mentees, recruiting and getting to know potential Mentors, determining the program year’s curriculum, and planning workshops and social events.
The Programming Committee is responsible for planning and producing WICT NY’s educational events including The Executive Leadership Series, Let’s Talk Tuesdays, Skills to Succeed, Tech It Out, Virtual Events and more. Teams of Board Members and volunteers produce each event from selecting topics, sourcing speakers, securing the venue, to handling all onsite event logistics.
- 3 – 4 Programming production team volunteers needed
Contact: Victoria Polubinska