We recognize the need for providing support and mentoring for women members of WICT NY at all levels of their career in order for them to reach their full potential.
To provide one-on-one coaching services for senior leaders in the cable industry looking for greater self-awareness, direction and guidance for next steps in their career.
Vice President, Senior Vice President & Executive Vice President
Applications are made available at the beginning of each year with a deadline for submitting completed applications, application fee and a letter of recommendation. The Committee evaluates the applications and notifies applicants several weeks after the application deadline. The program runs from approximately April to September.
- Commitment to coaching sessions during a six-month period
- Completed application, resume, application fee and one professional letter of recommendation
- Being open to honest feedback
- Executive level membership in WICT NY Chapter
Women interested in a personal coach (coachee) would complete a robust application along with an application fee and one letter of recommendation, which is suggested to be from their supervisor. Applications are reviewed by a Committee (comprised of program co-chairs and Exec Team of WICT NY) and evaluated based on thoughtful responses to the questions on the application, openness to receiving feedback, their goals/expectations from the experience and their commitment to the program as well as their involvement in WICT NY.
If selected, the coachees would have an opportunity to participate in a “speed coaching” session where they would have an opportunity to briefly meet coaches and determine which coach might be right for them.
- Each coach will have a coaching certification and are provided by SA Coaching & Consulting.
- Each coach is trained to listen, observe and co-create unique paths according to client needs.
- The coach will provide support and focus to achieving professional goals, enhancing skills and provide resources.
Once coaches were identified, the coachees meet periodically with their coach over the six-month term.
From left to right:
Kelley Drucker of A&E, Monica Bloom of MVB Strategy LLC, Christina Barlowe of Charter/Spectrum Reach, Elana Shapochnikov of Charter, Meghan Ballantyne of Discovery and Nicole Alves of Viacom.