We recognize the need for providing support and mentoring for women members of WICT NY at all levels of their career in order for them to reach their full potential.
To provide one-on-one coaching services for senior leaders in the cable industry looking for greater self-awareness, direction and guidance for next steps in their career.
Vice President, Senior Vice President & Executive Vice President
Applications would be made available at the beginning of each year with a deadline for submitting completed applications and letters of recommendation by end of January. The Committee would evaluate the applications and notify applicants by end of February. The program would run from about March 15 to September 15.
- Commitment to coaching sessions during a 5-6 month period
- Completed application, resume and one professional letter of recommendation
- Being open to honest feedback
- Executive level membership in WICT NY Chapter
- Active participation in WICT NY Chapter
Women interested in a personal coach (coachee) would complete a robust application along with two letters of recommendation, one of which is a recommendation from their supervisor. Applications would be reviewed by a Committee (comprised of program co-chairs and Exec Team of WICT NY) and evaluated based on thoughtful responses to the questions on the application, openness to receiving feedback, their goals/expectations from the experience and their commitment to the program as well as their involvement in WICT NY.
If selected, the coachees would have an opportunity to participate in a “speed coaching” session where they would have an opportunity to briefly meet coaches and determine which coach might be right for them.
- Each coach will have a coaching certification.
- Each coach is trained to listen, observe and co-create unique paths according to client needs.
- The coach will provide support and focus to achieving professional goals, enhancing skills and provide resources.
Once coaches were identified, the coachees would meet periodically with their coach. Initially, each coachee would participate in a 360 assessment and receive feedback on what are areas of strength and what are areas needing development.