WICT NY MEMBERSHIP
Why should you join WICT?
The WICT NY Chapter is made up of 900+ members from over 90 cable, media and telecommunications companies in the New York area. Membership connects you with peers and leaders in our industry and offers many opportunities to network, learn and develop professionally.
Check out this FREE webinar “Top 10 Ways WICT NY Can Work For You!” to find out how we can provide support in your career growth and future success, plus learn all about our events and programs!
Membership is open to women and men at every career level as well as students. Chapter events and programs give members personal access to business and career thought leaders. Virtual webinar events are also part of the mix and connect members outside of the NYC metro area to chapter programming
Hear first-hand from our members
about why they value their WICT NY memberships
WICT offers four levels of membership based on your career level
- Members are typically in director-level or higher positions.
- At the global level, Executive Members are offered exclusive access to a distance-learning program that takes the form of webinars designed expressly for high-level executives.
- Locally, chapters hold various live and electronic programs just for executive members.
- Also at the local level, these members may vote in chapter elections and can hold chapter board positions.*
- Members generally hold mid-level or supervisory positions.
- Value-added free webinars, mid-level level programs and targeted messaging geared toward your career level, and more.
- At the local level, these members may vote in chapter elections and can hold chapter board positions.*
- Members occupy non-salaried (hourly) positions with no supervisor or direct budgetary responsibilities.
- Value-added free webinars, entry-level level programs and targeted messaging geared toward your career level.
- At the local level, these members are not eligible to vote in chapter elections and cannot serve on the chapter board.
- Members are full-time students currently earning 6 credit hours at graduate level or 12 credit hours at the undergraduate level.
- The same benefits as entry-level members, with the added value of opportunities to network and build relationships for future opportunities, student mentoring programs through the local chapters, and more.
- Student members are not eligible to vote in chapter elections and cannot serve on the chapter board.
* Voting membership levels are important in selecting WICT chapter volunteer leaders and required for serving as a WICT chapter volunteer leader.
New members are welcome to join at anytime, however membership is based on the calendar year (January – December) and not the anniversary of your join date. If you join after January, you will receive a pro-rated credit on the following year’s dues renewal for those months you were not a member. Renewals for the following year are processed starting November 1.
Tax Information: WICT is a 501(c)(3) and its Federal ID #36-3814358. WICT dues or contributions may be deductible as a charitable expense. Please consult your tax advisor.
WICT is here to support you during all phases of your career.
For those members currently in-between positions, contact WICT National 202-827-4784 to discuss transitional membership which offers a reduced membership rate.
Full details of membership benefits can be found on the WICT National site. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact Membership Chairs Monica Bloom and Stephanie Czajkowksi at email@example.com.