Get Involved with WICT NY!
To learn more about getting involved send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
VOLUNTEERING AND GIVING BACK
- Grace Buddies! WICT NY gives annual memberships to a select group of Grace Institute Graduates. An existing WICT NY member is assigned as a Grace Buddy to help them navigate WICT programming and events throughout the year.
- Converse with Confidence: Spend an hour or so performing mock interviews with soon-to-be graduates to get them comfortable in interview situations.
Career Day: Support Peggy Klaus’ Brag Party for the next cohort of Grace Graduates.
Dress with Grace: Help sort the donations and create a boutique for Dress with Grace, a bi-annual clothing drive for work-appropriate attire. Or lead a team at your company to solicit donations (details to come in Spring 2019).
This is a great way to share your experiences with a very deserving group of hard working women!
Find out more about Grace Institute here: http://www.graceinstitute.org
- Spend a high energy morning in April learning the arts of self-confidence and bragging. Often compared to an executive coaching session, this workshop leverages the talents of communications guru and author Peggy Klaus as she leads participants in strategies and techniques for communicating their worth. WICT NY Volunteers are paired with high school juniors who are preparing for college interviews. At the end of the workshop, you will be more than a little impressed with yourself and the students.
Find out more about SLN here: https://www.
- Manage speakers, panelists or busy registration tables, create and post event news and photos to social media accounts, and provide other event management support required by the event producers.
For more information or to join the Volunteer & Giving Back Committee, please contact Lori Kaufmann and Katherine Wells: email@example.com
Executive Women’s Luncheon Planning Committee
The Executive Women’s Luncheon (EWL) is WICT NY’s premier event of the year. EWL is a forum for industry professionals to learn valuable insights from thought leaders and visionaries on a relevant topic affecting cable and telecommunications. The EWL Committee is responsible for the planning and execution of this large scale event. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape one of WICT NY’s signature events!
Marketing and Communications Committee
The Marketing and Communications Committee (MarComm) is integral to the success of WICT NY. This Committee provides a host of marketing communications to extend the distinct brand of one of WICT’s largest chapters. MarComm supports WICT NY’s mission and each Committee through a number of marketing tactics including event promotion, email blasts, website management, social media, design and print.
- Email / Event RSVP Manager: Responsible for creating and distributing email blasts, and managing the event RSVP platform. Anyone with HTML, Photoshop, Eventbrite.com and / or Mailchimp.com experience is a bonus!
- Graphic Designers: Lend your creativity to e-blasts, the website, banners and more!
- Writers / Bloggers: If you have a passion for writing and want to help us promote our events by creating blog posts, crafting our newsletter and more. PR or Marketing background a plus.
- Live Tweeters: Responsible for live tweeting at all local chapter events. Must have an understanding of Twitter and a passion for social media.
- PR: Responsible for publicity surrounding signature events. PR background with contacts at publications a plus.
- Photographers: Help us capture the energy and excitement of our events!
- Social Media Contributors: Weekly help with posting evergreen content.
The Mentoring Circle is a group mentoring program for junior women starting out in the cable industry. Critical topics that impact leadership success and long-term development based on the WICT Touchstones of Leadership are explored in an open forum of peer mentees and mentors. Each session is led by two Mentors who are graduates of WICT NY’s Prime Access program.
Prime Access is a one to one mentoring opportunity between WICT members at the Director level and very senior executives in the cable telecom industry. Prime Access Committee members are responsible for selecting the program’s Mentees, recruiting and getting to know potential Mentors, determining the program year’s curriculum, and planning workshops and social events.
The Programming Committee is responsible for planning and producing WICT NY’s educational events including The Executive Leadership Series, Let’s Talk Tuesdays, Skills to Succeed, Tech It Out, Virtual Events and more. Teams of Board Members and volunteers produce each event from selecting topics, sourcing speakers, securing the venue, to handling all onsite event logistics.
- Programming production team volunteers needed