Future Proof Yourself
As WICT members we are CATALYSTS for change, we are FEARLESS and always INSPIRING others. We know that in addition to caring for yourselves during this challenging time, you are caring for your colleagues, partners, children and parents and we wish all of you continued safety and good health.
While all WICT NY in-person events are temporarily on hold, we are working to provide you with additional opportunities to future-proof yourself and nurture your career. Stay tuned here for upcoming virtual events and webinars.
Upcoming Virtual Events
September 24th - Skills for Success: THERsday’s With PowerToFly & WICTNY: Resume Review & Networking
The women of PowerToFly and Women in Cable Telecommunications New York (WICT NY) are excited to host a virtual networking event on Thursday, September 24th from 5:00 - 6:00 pm EST. Click here for more information!
September 28th - Skills for Success: WICT NY Instagram Live Series - A Conversation with Savannah Sellers
Upcoming WICT National Events
September 29th - Women in Career Transition Virtual Event
Three participant resumes will be reviewed & discussed during the event. Gain expert advice from our speakers:
*If you'd like your resume to be considered for review during the event, submit by September 21 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Levin: Career, Business Development and Outplacement Coach, Ready, Set, Launch, LLC
- Svetlana Gans: Vice President & Associate General Counsel, NCTA - The Internet & Television Association
Click here to register
Upcoming WICT Global Events
September 30 - October 1, 2020: EDS: Executive Leadership Series
- Project strong executive presence.
- Create powerful, high-impact first impressions.
- Achieve a “Confident Casual®” style in both formal presentations and impromptu communications.
- Build and maintain a reputation for strong executive presence and a value-based leadership brand.
October 5-6, 2020: The 2020 WICT Leadership Conference
Upcoming Partner Events
Join us to celebrate the 22nd Anniversary of the Multichannel News Wonder Women event, an awards luncheon honoring female leadership, which will occur virtually on September 30, 2020. This event acknowledges a group of extraordinary women in media for their commitment to enhancing the business, challenging the status quo and being an example for young leadership around the world. For more information click here:
The WICT New York Chapter brings together professionals from over 100 cable, media and telecommunications companies in the greater New York area for programs and events which create opportunities for leadership development and professional networking. If you’re looking for career advancement, want to expand your network or are new to the industry, WICT NY membership and programs can help:
- Access to business contacts at all levels that can lead to new opportunities.
- Network with and learn from industry leaders and peers. You never know where the next great idea will come from.
- Leadership development seminars, workshops and mentoring programs that fill in the gap from those offered by your company.
Membership is open to women and men at every career level, as well as to students.
The New York chapter’s events and programs give members personal access to business and career thought leaders. Join us at one of our events to start learning all that WICT NY has to offer. We hope to be a part of your career journey.